“Clash of Clans” blew away the competition on YouTube’s ad leaderboard last month. The video game’s “How do we get over there?” spot owned 87.7 million of the combined 115.1 million views generated by the top 10 ads.
Easily winning the No. 1 spot, “Clash of Clans” far outperformed brands like Heineken, Apple and Microsoft — all of which earned less than 7 million views.
At No. 2, Heineken earned 6.5 million views, and Apple’s iPhone 7 Plus spot ranked No. 3 with 4.2 million views. Disney helped Lego make its debut appearance on YouTube’s ad leaderboard with the “Moana as told by Lego” mini-movie ranking No. 9.
YouTube reports the combined 115.1 million views generated by May’s top advertisers accounted for 1.9-million hours of watch time on the site.
1. Clash of Clans: How Do We Get Over There? (87.7M Views)
2. Heineken: Worlds Apart | #OpenYourWorld (6.5M Views)
3. Apple: iPhone 7 Plus | Barbers (4.2M Views)
4. Microsoft: Introducing the new Surface Pro (3.1M Views)
5. Budweiser: This Bud’s for 2 | Derek Jeter Number Retirement (3.1M Views)
6. Champs Sports: The Moment Part 3 (3.1M Views)
7. Hyundai: Ned & Ariel (2.3M Views)
8. DJI: Introducing Spark (2M Views)
9. Lego: Disney’s Moana as told by Lego (1.8M Views)
10. Best Fiends: Boot Camp – A Best Fiends Animation (1.4M Views)